🇷🇺🌍🤨 Russia's International Relations
Evan Gershkovich's love for Russia turned sour as he faced persecution, Russia's presidency of the UN Security Council sparks outrage, Ukrainian convicts face a difficult journey through Russian prisons, and Ukraine seeks to block athletes from competing with Russians.
Frequently asked questions
NEW Get answers quickly, based on news from the past 24 hours
Who is reporting on this topic?
- Focusing on Russia's controversial presidency of UN Security Council despite its ongoing war in Ukraine
- Highlighting plight of Ukrainian convicts in Russian prisons
- Focusing on story of Evan Gershkovich, journalist who loved Russia but was forced to leave due to political pressure
- Fury over Russia's presidency of UN Security Council
- Austria's far-right walking out of speech by Ukrainian President Zelensky
- Focusing on Russia's military draft expansion and potential social tensions it may cause
- Highlighting Ukraine's attempts to block Russian athletes from competing
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source