👥🗳️🤔 US Politics
- A NYC professor is being investigated and lost his job after allegedly chasing Post staffers with a machete.
- A Republican state senator joined Democrats to defeat a bill that would have banned gender transitions for minors.
- A Christian student is fighting back after being forced by a professor to fund Planned Parenthood.
- Democrats are facing criticism for their approach to parents' rights.
- Frustrations are growing as President Biden delays a decision on the basing of Space Command.
Frequently asked questions
NEW Get answers quickly, based on news from the past 24 hours
Who is reporting on this topic?
Compare coverage from the most popular news sources based on front-page
The right is obsessing over this topic
The right is putting serious attention on this topic compared to the left and center, indicating that the right is magnifying this topic.
Summary of focal points from each side based on articles from the past day
- Focused on issues of education and diversity, highlighting challenges for marginalized groups
- Concerned about restriction of free speech and expression in schools
- Focused on issues of diversity and inclusion, but on potential consequences of affirmative action policies
- Concerned about impact of political polarization on education
- Focused on issues of individual rights and religious freedom, highlighting perceived overreach of government and educational institutions
- Concerned about influence of progressive ideology in schools
Read the articles behind these perspectives
Check out key headlines, based on spikes of front-page attention over time. This gives you newsworthy articles that bring you up to speed on a topic.
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source