🇺🇸👨🏼💼🚨 Trump Indictment and Prosecution
Donald Trump has been indicted by a Manhattan grand jury on multiple charges, including at least one felony, and legal experts warn that the case may not be a "slam-dunk," while the Secret Service prepares for his arraignment and online threats of violence emerge.
Frequently asked questions
NEW Get answers quickly, based on news from the past 24 hours
Who is reporting on this topic?
- Focusing on historic nature of indictment as first ex-president to be charged with crime
- Highlighting legal and political implications of indictment
- Also reporting on potential for online threats of violence
- Reporting on indictment as watershed moment in American politics
- Also highlighting uncertainty of what happens next
- Reporting on impact of indictment on America's sense of self
- Painting indictment as political attack on Trump
- Highlighting potential weaknesses in case against Trump
- Also reporting on reactions from Trump's allies, such as Glenn Beck and William Barr
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source