🌍❄️🌧️ Climate Change and Weather
Climate change is causing less snow, leading ski resorts to rely on snowmakers, while heavy rain in California is easing the historic drought; a man builds a 12-foot-tall snow tunnel to get out of his home, and brown widows are becoming more prevalent in attics and garages.
Who is reporting on this topic?
Compare coverage from the most popular news sources based on front-page
Summary of focal points from each side based on articles from the past day
- Focusing on impact of natural disasters on people's lives
- Highlighting spread of brown widows
- Focusing on impact of climate change on ski resorts and environment
- Highlighting unique routes to Antarctica
- Not providing any recent headlines on topic
Read the articles behind these perspectives
Check out key headlines, based on spikes of front-page attention over time. This gives you newsworthy articles that bring you up to speed on a topic.
Get our weekly roundup
An AI-powered weekly newsletter to break you out of your bubble.
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source