💰💸💼 Business News: Corporate Changes
Amazon is ending its Kindle Newsstand and publishers will handle subscriptions, GE cancels stock awards for CEO resulting in a $14 million pay cut, and Meta launches a subscription service in the US.
Who is reporting on this topic?
The left is ignoring this topic
The right and center is putting serious attention on this topic and the left isn’t which suggests the left is attempting to minimize this topic.
- Highlighting impact of GE's decision to cancel stock awards for its CEO
- Reporting on Meta's launch of subscription service in US
- Also reporting on end of Amazon Kindle Newsstand and its impact on publishers
- Highlighting impact of rising costs on consumers
- Concerned about impact of Meta's subscription service on user privacy
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source