💰💸🇺🇸 US Debt Ceiling Deal
The Biden administration and Republican leaders reached a deal to temporarily raise the debt ceiling, which was later passed in the House, and Biden addressed the nation to tout bipartisanship and explain the other provisions in the bill.
Frequently asked questions
NEW Get answers quickly, based on news from the past 24 hours
Who is reporting on this topic?
The left is obsessing over this topic
The left is putting serious attention on this topic compared to the right and center, indicating that the left is magnifying this topic.
- Biden is touting bipartisanship in debt ceiling deal
- Focused on drama surrounding debt ceiling bill
- Highlighting other provisions in debt ceiling package
- Focused on averted default and approval of debt-limit suspension
- Highlighting stranded $16 billion of defense side-projects
- Highlighting Democrats' desire to end debt-limit fights
- Skeptical the debt limit standoff may have only been beginning
- Praising McCarthy's performance in debt deal
- Highlighting failure of eleven amendments
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source