🤒🦠🧬 Health Issues
A new report identifies 12 common long-term symptoms of Covid-19, a fungal outbreak linked to cosmetic surgery is causing concern, and adults are buying a popular stuffed toy originally intended for babies.
Frequently asked questions
NEW Get answers quickly, based on news from the past 24 hours
Who is reporting on this topic?
The right is ignoring this topic
The left and center is putting serious attention on this topic and the right isn’t which suggests the right is attempting to minimize this topic.
- Focusing on impact of Covid on individuals, highlighting long-term effects of disease
- Highlighting challenges faced by DACA recipients in accessing healthcare
- Focusing on range of topics, including health scares related to cosmetic surgery, consumer trends, and spread of disease by ticks and mosquitoes in US
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source