💰🏦🌉 Silicon Valley Bank Collapse
Silicon Valley Bank's collapse has raised concerns about the dangers facing small banks, with accusations of hypocrisy and threats of legal action clouding the tech industry, while Yellen assures Chinese customers they will receive money from a US fund.
Who is reporting on this topic?
Compare coverage from the most popular news sources based on front-page
Summary of focal points from each side based on articles from the past day
- Focusing on collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and potential blame could be placed on Washington
- Highlighting impact of bank's collapse on black founders and tech industry
- Also drawing attention to involvement of Kyrsten Sinema in bank's collapse
- Focusing on bankruptcy protection filed by SVB Financial
- Also highlighting impact of higher rates on banks and need for J. Pierpont Morgan-like figure in Silicon Valley
- Drawing attention to Biden's call for action on failed bank executives' pay
- Focusing on Janet Yellen and dangers facing small banks
- Also highlighting failure of 'woke' Frisco Fed chief to recognize warning signs
- Drawing attention to involvement of Gavin Newsom in bank's bailout
Read the articles behind these perspectives
Check out key headlines, based on spikes of front-page attention over time. This gives you newsworthy articles that bring you up to speed on a topic.
Get our weekly roundup
An AI-powered weekly newsletter to break you out of your bubble.
How are topics ranked?
The ranking of a topic reflects how much attention it is receiving in major media outlets on a particular day. The higher a topic is placed on an outlet's homepage, the more prominent it is considered. We combine a topic's prominence scores from all major outlets to calculate overall rankings. Rankings are compared to the previous day's rankings to determine whether a topic is trending up or down.
How Attention Works
- Attention measures the front page real estate of a topic
- The higher up the front page and the bigger the banner headline, the more attention a topic receives
- Attention scores are aggregated per source